ANGER? We Can Help! Contact us 310-543-1824
HOW DO WE HELP ANGER ISSUES?
Great question. We have many tools and techniques to help with anger issues. We skillfully modify what we use with you to match your needs, your personality, your issues and your style. Here are some approaches we find can help you, based on research, evidence-based-data, and 40 years of experience.
- Anger mindfulness training
- Anger relief through nonviolent techniques of communication and problem-solving
- Empathy training for self and others (spouse, children, fellow-workers)
- Self-Respect training that minimizes angry flare-ups
- "Don't Take It Personally" Techniques and training that minimizes triggers
- In-Depth Therapy work that addresses history of abuse (as child, as spouse, as employee) which can lead to sensitivity to angry aggrevating situations
- Biofeedback using heart monitoring, GSR monitoring, Respiration monitoring. These combine to help you identify when you are about to become angry and how you can use very helpful physical techniques to reduce the "fire on the brain" or "ring-of-fire" reactivity.
- Neurobiofeedback that uses EEGs (consumer grade) to help you recognize sensations and reactions to triggers that stimulate brain activity of stress, distress, anger, defensiveness (etc). Then we teach multiple useful neurobiofeedback responses so you can feel anger without destructively acting-out anger.
- Workbooks, Journaling, Art Therapy, Drama Therapy, Parts Therapy, Hypnotherapy, AA Program Reviews of pertinent steps.
- Life-Coaching to enhance success, self-esteem, and relationship satisfaction which minimizes angry reactions.
- We offer anger management therapy, counseling and life coaching.
- When a man or women are angry and harmfully arguing in a relationship, individual and couples work are very helpful.
- When anger stops you from being able to communicate clearly, nonviolent communication counseling techniques can be very helpful at home, with children, with your spouse and in your work place.
- Training in how to take insults, injustices, unfair treatment, attacks from others and not resort to angry responses
Contact us 310-543-1824
DO YOU HAVE ANGER DIFFICULTIES? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS.
Anger taking control of your relationships and destroying trust and safety?
Anger taking control of your mind and behaviors so you feel out-of-control with flare-ups of rage, violence, arguments or harmful exchanges?
Court ordered for Anger Management Therapy?
Counseling, Psychotherapy and Life Coaching for help with Anger, Arguments. Contact us 310-543-1824 or [email protected].
WHEN IS ANGER ABOUT LOVE AND SELF-RESPECT? Contact us 310-543-1824
Anger can be a sign of love, oddly. Love for yourself and love of others can make you want to be protective and defend those whom you are loving. If you feel like a victim or are being abused and want to stand up for yourself, anger can often motivate the energy it will take to protect yourself. Recognizing that you are angry because you are wishing to be loved, wishing to be protective or helpful, or feeling there is an injustice happening, is helpful because you can use your anger to create very positive results.
SOME TIMES WE GET ANGRY BUT WE ACTUALLY ARE MISUNDERSTANDING SOMEONE'S WORDS or ACTIONS Contact us 310-543-1824
Sometimes at work or in relationships, people feel hurt or attacked. Often the hurt and attacked feelings can be a definite misinterpretation of another person's actions or words We can easily misunderstand other people. We can easily jump to a wrong conclusion that someone is insulting us if they are joking, being sarcastically playful, or using language we don't typically use unless we are angry.
So we can be angry or be offended when the other person has no intention of hurting us nor offending us. At these times, life coaching skills are really helpful to relationships of all sorts. These skills include some of the following: empathy training, problem-solving techniques, self-disclosure training, "not-taking-it-personally" training and other tools.
ANGRY ACTIONS AND WORDS ARE DESTRUCTIVE - NEVER DOUBT THIS! Contact 310-543-1824
On the other hand, anger can lead to all sorts of violence which is destructive and counter-productive almost all the time. So being angry out of self-love or loving someone else is different than converting anger into hurtful words or actions. Sometimes retaliation feels good but it is always ultimately destructive and inflaming to any situation and does not lead to anything of any merit. Angry words and actions ALWAYS makes things worse. Anger that produces violent or hurtful or abusive words, actions or decisions is never helpful to anyone regardless of the cause of anger.
USE ANGRY TO MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES THESE WAYS Contact us 310-543-1824
Use the emotions of anger to help you create really positive reactions, proactive decisions, or positive and effective strategies. This is why we offer training and life-coaching and counseling (for families, couples and employees and bosses) in nonviolent communication, nonviolent interventions and proactive communication that is problem-solving. We also offer training in how to take insults, injustices, unfair treatment, attacks from others and not resort to angry responses that are full of unnecessary and unhelpful resentment, bitterness and destructiveness.
You can contact Dr. Carol Francis and the Associates now by clicking here or calling and texting 310-543-1824. Please leave name and return numbers/email address.
This concern is also addressed by Dr. Carol Francis on videos and radio on-demand broadcasts.